DRLC is pleased to announce the date for our 2014 Franklin D. Roosevelt Dinner. We look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday, November 20th at the Omni Hotel in Downtown, Los Angeles. Join us as we recognize business leaders, political and civil rights visionaries, and those individuals who have created a profound understanding of people with disabilities.
You are here
Civil Rights Programs
All clients of the following programs are people with disabilities. DRLC focuses on underserved communities within the disability community, within both rural and urban areas, and works with marginalized disability populations such as students living in remote areas or custodial facilities, students of color, and people who are experiencing homelessness and/or have mental health conditions. For more information about DRLC's Civil Rights Programs, please click the links below.
Services We Provide
We provide legal representation for the following types of cases:
- Discrimination/Mistreatment/Harassment on the basis of disability in housing, transportation, public places, schools, telecommunications, etc.
- Special Education (including due process hearings and IEP meetings)
- Discrimination/Mistreatment/Harassment based on the use of a service animal
- Failure to receive reasonable accommodation
Services We Do Not Provide
We do not provide legal representation for the following types of cases:
- Employment (except through our HIV Law and Policy Project)
- Domestic Violence or Harassment
- Personal Injury
- Consumer Fraud
- Applications or Appeals for Public Benefits (this includes representation at administrative hearings)
- Traffic/Parking Violations